Title : Psychiatrist
Direct Report: CEO
Supervisees: Nurse Practitioners & Clinical staffs
Adopted/Revised Date: December2016
Salary Range: Dependent on Clinical Experience
The primary responsibility of the Psychiatrist is to perform diagnostics interviews, and evaluate patients referred for mental problems such as situational disorder, neuroses, major mental illness, and psychoses. This post-holder will also provide diagnosis and recommendation for inpatient or outpatient treatment. This position requires a great deal of organizational, documentation and relational skills to ensure a good working relationship with clients and accurately documents treatment encounters and treatments.
- Ensure the delivery of client centered services to all clients.
- Deliver excellent client service to CHS’s stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the CHS’s behavioral health treatment processes and operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all clinical services and shall, on a routine basis, and as clinically required, provide on-site consultation at the Baltimore and Hagerstown clinic to ensure adequate clinical and administrative oversight.
- Provide company with psychiatric/behavioral health medical services and Tele psych for a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and reasonable standards for treatment, including therapeutic modalities and prescribing practices.
- Manage psychiatric aspects of quality management and review diagnostic formulation.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Provide clinical supervision for all clinical staff.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to plan or provide treatment.
- Coordinate treatment meetings and also meet with Company Administrator and Program Managers.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable.
- Psychiatrist will ensure their malpractice insurance is in good standing.
- Perform services in accordance with this contract on site at 2401 Liberty Heights Avenue, Suite 4670, Baltimore MD 21215 or any other locations designated by the company.
- Document, in a timely manner, all clinical interventions provided to the client as required by the COMAR regulation and the Company.
- Foster a staff culture that supports the CHS values and codes of conduct.
- Provide assistance and information to CHS management as requested.
- Compliance with all administrative and clinical policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Participation in all scheduled staff meetings and quarterly brief with the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are a number of standard duties and responsibilities that all employees, irrespective of their role and level of seniority with the CHS, are expected to be familiar with and adhere to:
- Comply at all times with the requirements of health and safety regulations to ensure their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
- Promote and comply with CHS policies on diversity and equality both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in according with the provision of the HIPPA regulations and all related rules and regulations.
- Comply with the CHS protocols on the appropriate use of telephone, email and internet facilities.
- Comply with the principles of risk management in relation to individual and corporate responsibilities.
- Comply with CHS policies on diversity and equality both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
This Job description is not exhaustive and as such the post holder is expected to be flexible. Any changes will only be made following a discussion with the post holder.
Education: A qualified doctor with specialization in psychiatry.
Special Requirement: Must be a board certified psychiatrist.
Experience: Experience working with underserved, transient populations and clinical co?morbidities (co?occurring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems).
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- High motivated and flexible.
- Client centered and organized approach to client care.
- A good team player a confident person.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, patience, compassion, care and professionalism in dealing with pressured, unpredictable and sensitive situations in relation to client care.
CEO: Israel Ojo