Title : Outpatient Mental Health Site Program/Clinical Director
Direct Report: Clinical/Program Director or Site Program Manager
Supervisees: Administrative supervision of the FO Team & Clinical Team (Hagerstown)
Adopted/Revised Date: July 2016
Salary Range: Dependent on experience and qualification
The Clinical Director is responsible for the general oversight and management of the clinical and PRP programs in Hagerstown and also serves in the Management Team of Change Health Systems, Inc. The position provides vision and leadership to ensure quality service provision and coordination of services to our clients. The role also provides administrative and clinical oversight for the clinic per COMAR regulations. Ultimately, the position should be able to support our clinicians and therapist and ensure the smooth operations of the day-to-day running of the clinic. The position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
When carrying a caseload, the other responsibility of the position will be to perform diagnostics interviews, and evaluate patients referred for mental problems such as situational disorder, neuroses, major mental illness, and psychoses. This post-holder will also provide diagnosis and recommendation for inpatient or outpatient treatment. This position requires a great deal of organizational, documentation and relational skills to ensure a good working relationship with clients and accurately documents treatment encounters and treatments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Psycho-socio assessment and made necessary recommendation for the next step of treatment.
- Sets objectives and goals for treatment and develops treatment plans, implements and monitors treatment plan. Provides individual or group treatment, such as psychotherapy, supportive therapy or crisis intervention on a long term or short-term basis.
- Consult with family, community and external health agencies to obtain information and to coordinate therapy, and to help patients utilize resources of agencies.
- Maintains patient’s chart and records, including evaluation, progress notes, individual treatment plan, medication logs, order sheets, and discharge summaries.
- Makes arrangement for inpatient care for patients as needed to facilitate admission to hospital, state or other private institution.
- Foster a staff culture that supports the CHS values and codes of conduct.
- Provide assistance and information to CHS management as requested.
- Minimum of 3 written case studies per annum.
- Compliance with all administrative and clinical policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Full participation in the peer review process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Program Management Responsibilities
The Clinical Director position provides both clinical supervision and administrative oversight of the Hagerstown office. This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer/Program Director and also to the executive management team.
The Assistant Program Director shall at a minimum carry out the following duties:
- General Administrative oversight of the Hagerstown clinic including, at a minimum:
i. Fulfilling the administrative requirements under COMAR 10.21.17
ii. Ensuring the continuity of service if clinical staff at the OMHC sites is unavailable to fulfill their responsibilities to the individuals served.
iii. Ensuring a system of clinical supervision of the multidisciplinary treatment staff and
iv. Having knowledge of all regulatory requirements related to the operation of the program.
- Ensure the adherence to the regulatory requirements for Consent for services, Client orientation, Advance Directive and Discharge process for Mental Health Services.
- Serve on the agency’s management team.
- Conduct regular clinical team meetings.
- Providing clinical oversight of the Hagerstown Location for at least fifty percent of the site’s operating hours.
- Maintain a working relationship with outside agencies for collaboration and projection of team CHS.
- Meet with the CEO for regular supervision and assist with community presentations when applicable.
- Provide general clinical oversight for the OMHC and PRP Services.
- Model the CHS philosophy of client centeredness, empowerment and community focus.
- Ensuring that clinicians and the medical team meets their contractual terms and billable.
- Manage all members of the clinical staff, including hiring and working with the team leads in evaluating job performance.
- Provide regular individual clinical supervision to therapists.
- Provide clinical supervision to non-licensed therapist and interns.
- Manage concerns relating to coverage, productivity, customer service skills and workload expectations.
- Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of the clinical program to ensure that clients’ needs, agency standards and funding requirements are met.
- Ensure the maintenance of documentation, client files, and statistics as required by agency policies and funding sources.
- Provide disciplinary procedures in accordance with Change Health Systems Inc. policies in liaison with the Human Resources Department.
- Marketing brand CHS and building community liaison and relationship for viable referral leads. Collaboration with other local Core Service Agency (CSA).
- Maintenance and improvement on the current program model to promote recovery and resiliency in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Implementation and improvement of all OMHC policies and Procedures in collaboration with the compliance team.
- Training and development of all clinical and non-administrative staff.
- Quality Assurance Management.
- Oversees the credentials, competencies and privileges of all Hagerstown staff.
- Objective resolution of client’s complaints and grievances.
- Representation of the agency in external professional community.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Education: Minimum of a master’s degree in social work, psychology and mental health counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Special Requirement: In addition to a master’s degree, candidates must have a valid license as a Licensed Graduate social worker or professional counselor [LGPC or LGSW] or a Licensed Clinical social worker or professional counselor [LCSW-C or LCPC].
Experience: At least one year of professional experience working in mental health counseling, psychotherapy, and related social services in a public or certified private welfare or health agency.
- Three years of administrative supervisory experience.
- Five years of clinical experience providing treatment in an Outpatient Mental Health setting.
- Experience and knowledge of direct behavioral health services, including assessment, treatment, and consultation.
- Knowledge of diverse modalities of counseling and diagnostic principles.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, apply counseling and diagnostic theories and techniques to a full range of diverse client populations as well as co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge of clinical research literature.
- Program development, data, and performance management experience.
- Belief in a strengths-based approach to human services.
- Passion for mission and philosophy of Change Health Systems, Inc. along with the knowledge of company history, culture, identity, and goals.
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management environments, Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management environments.